MEGA PILE – INLAND is currently completing a very interesting and Highly Technical contract for LEROY MERLIN in Stoneridge, Modderfontein, Gauteng.
Originally tasked with installing a Conventional 350mm Concrete Retaining Wall around the site, with a vertical average height of 8m in height, the TEAM decided that the Cost and Programme constraints for the installation of this 350mm Concrete Wall would overtake not only the Budget but also the Critical Path of the contract, and therefore the on-time completion and handover of the project.
An “Innovative” design was employed by MEGA PILE INLAND to satisfy an efficient and Cost Effective “Solution” for the Client.
Termed “TOP – DOWN” …. Our solution and Advantages to using our Innovative System is as follows:-
- Overfill Platforms on the outside circumference of the proposed “In Situ Shotcrete Wall” for access to the Piling Rig, Soil Nailing Rig & Shotcrete teams.
- Bulk Earthworks and filling of the Platform could continue on all three Gridlines, and correct ’sequencing’ by the Team was critical to achieving the works programme.
- Installation of 750mm Soldier Piles with BAUER BG15 Piling Rig to embedment lengths.
- Installation of Anchors, Soil Nails and IN – SITU Shotcrete installed “Top – Down” to act as an ‘Active Lateral Support System’ for the 8m high walls.
- Contract Programme saved almost 2 months off a “Conventional In – Situ Concrete Wall & Footing Solution “.
A successful contract … completed on time … and within Budget.